Release date: 30-09-2022
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Updated login page. This release of Annotation Lab has an updated Login View. Unlike a plain old form, we have an aesthetically pleasing Login Page with a section highlighting the key features of Annotation Lab. Now the Sign-In page highlights the new features we add to the Annotation Lab with animated GIFs.
- Project Dashboard. The Projects dashboard has a new structure with visually pleasing project cards. For each project, details like description, tasks count, groups, team members, etc. are now available on the main dashboard so users can quickly identify the projects they need to work on, without navigating to the Project Details page. Projects can also be sorted by name or date of creation.
- Categorize Projects with Groups. Projects can be organized in custom groups, and each project card will inherit the group color so that the users can visually distinguish the projects easily in a large cluster of projects. Also, the new color picker for the group is much more user-friendly and customizable, unlike the random color generator in the previous versions of Annotation Lab.
- Project Filters. The filters associated with the Projects dashboard are clear, simple, and precise to make the users more productive and efficient while working with a large number of projects.
- Project Creation Wizard. A project creation wizard is now available and will guide users through each step of the project creation and configuration. Two navigation buttons Back and Next were added to the Team page. The Back button navigates to the Project’s Details page and the Next button to navigates to the Configuration page.
- Optimized Task page. The newly redesigned task page incorporates all the Task Related operations that a user needs to perform, such as Import, Export, Labeling, Pre-Annotation, etc., in a single page without having to navigate between different pages.
- Support for multiple comments. Previously a comment could be pinned to a task from the Task List Page where anyone could leave a note for peer contributors. With this release, multiple comments can be added to any task. The users can have a to and fro communication in the comment section resulting in the improved efficiency of the annotation process.
- New Import page. The new Import Page contains detailed information on the supported file formats with sample files attached to them. Users can refer to the samples and create their files/tasks to import with minimum help.
- New Export page. The new Export page simplifies the experience while exporting annotations in different formats.
- The Annotation page. The annotation page has been reorganized and optimized as annotators spend most of their time on this page. The Side Column now separates Annotation, Versions, and Progress into separate tabs. The Regions/Labels UI is migrated into a collapsible structure that inherits the Label color defined in the project configuration to make it easy for users to identify annotations in case of a large number of Regions or Labels. The role switcher is now more visible on the upper right side, and the choice is persisted when navigating to other pages of the same project.
- New Train page. The Train page is now part of the Project Menu, for improved accessibility. It has been revised to improve the experience and guide users on each step. Users can now follow a step-wise wizard view or a synthesis view for initiating the training of a model. During the training, a progress bar is shown to give users basic information on the status of the training process.
- New Models HUB page. This version comes with brightened and improved Models HUB page. The cards for models, embeddings, and rules are visually pleasing and highlight their source. The displayed information is much more compact and easy to read. The cards are visually separable just by looking at the colors and the card types.
- New License page. The License Page now has a tabbed view. The first tab allows importing of the JSL license in the preferred method. The second tab displays the already existing license on a full page with corresponding details and actions. The page provides detailed instructions on how to import licenses and how to get a trial license.
- New Users page. The Users page is redesigned to make the operations regarding users’ information more time efficient and less confusing. The Personal Info, Role, and Credential sections are merged into a single page so that users do not have to click around to add/update.
- New Analytics Request page. The Swagger and Secrets Page have been merged into one single API Integration page. The users can find everything needed on that page without having to click around for the needed information regarding the APIs.
- New Clusters page. The Servers page has been redesigned and renamed into the Clusters page. The page now shows more details like License type/scope and Server usage of all the spawned instances at a given time. A license information banner is now available on the Clusters and License pages.